Monday, October 23, 2006

Sure I Did It But That Don't Make You Right For Talking About It

Candidate linked to letter lambastes foe

GARDEN GROVE, Calif. - A Republican congressional candidate whose campaign is being investigated for sending intimidating letters to Hispanic voters lashed out at his Democratic rival, saying she was fueling the uproar over the mailings.
[...]
"There has been no crime committed so why is there a criminal investigation three weeks prior to a very important election?" Nguyen asked. "What is going on? Who is fueling this investigation?"

Nguyen, a Vietnamese immigrant who has made illegal immigration a centerpiece of his campaign, said he would stay in the race despite calls from the state GOP and others to quit.

"I'm innocent," Nguyen said. "I'm not going to quit this race; I'm going to win this race."

What the hell is with republicans!?! I did it,yes but I am not guilty because of the timing of this revelation of what it is I did. Hmm why would people bring up an illegal stunt you did to influence the election just before the election. Lets all scratch our collective heads over that.

No comments: